[Goshen College English 210] {Spring 2011}

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

absorbtion

just the right weight.
the right sound
hounding the ground's
 gruff reply with a sigh
that stirres
worms.

i've missed you old friend
i've missed your wieght,
your intimate touch that chills
my shoulders,
the absorbtion
into my robe that weighs
weighs me down till i can no longer walk
& must run.
(and drench my covering even more in you)

the movement that slows cars' passage and thins crowds promenades
multipling in speed and number
so numerous
that i drop
ear to earth

listen.

bees cannot fly as buds begin to branch
birds ruffle their neckties, vernal's song now taking harmony line.

grumble like hunger
hunger, hungry child
the grass suffers from hunger pangs as sky groans them out.

i missed you, i've missed you old friend!
your scent had strayed from my jacket
you mark dried from my collar over the months.
now at last, you smother my neck with kisses
crying at our reunion, oh,
rain ran down my rags to the ground and drowned my rings of rapture.

floods follow friendships rekindled.

snap in the sky to awaken
to terrify the trembling, the cold caught too long in your arms;
the dead sunk to low in your bosom.

did they not know how to touch you?
how to savor  your wrath?
raft ties together bits of broken trees,
floating above my dear's downpour as she pelts peonies.

greetings swell; she will smile.
old friend will wave a color of farewell,

ground
still wet
from weeping.

1 comment: