[Goshen College English 210] {Spring 2011}

Friday, September 4, 2015

Transitions

Transitions
are hard.

Transitions
are needed.

Sometimes
  Transitions
             are wanted--
Sometimes
              they are not.


When someone is made to feel special,
 How does one cope?

when message after message is sent
           when hour after hour is spent

reconvening
relearning
               one another
how can I not feel special?
how can I not feel loved?
how can I keep
                       my unrequited love at bay?
                             as we each talk of our own perpetual loneliness.

I look back to what I held onto;
what gave me strength in my role of "just friends"
Never to be a glove upon that hand,
                                                        I glance at the words,
                                                       "I never really see myself dating you"

ok. Good. We're clear.

"So, what's up with you and Corey?"

Who? Oh. Name Slip. Aaron.

Later:
         "Corey would always ask out the girls I liked...
           When I asked them why, they said, 'Because he asked."

Hmm.


Long walks, as we used to
 In the trees, as we used to:
                                            "The person I am now
                                              Would have dated you in High School."

Shield is shattered.
                Would have? What of now.

                                       "It's like I'm a piece of yourself you got back."

Yes, yes you are.
             You have always been.

                     "She is lucky to have found a good high school sweet heart"
                              "Haha, well I wish we could all have that kind of luck."

Maybe, we do.
            Maybe, me & you are 
                         that lucky.


                              I just don't know
             How to ask you.



                                                    I hate transitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment