[Goshen College English 210] {Spring 2011}

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

tangled mess

"I led them 
with cords of human kindness, 
with ties of love; 
I lifted the yoke from their neck
and bent down to feed them."

Who is speaking?
does this not sound like the carpenter?

I tell you the truth,
these words were spoken
before his body was broken;

before we replaced his body
in unity
as the body of Christ.

Already,
Yahweh speaks

of humans

as his hands,

handed down from the nation
the new testament
holds nothing new. 

"How can I give you up, Ephraim? 
How can I hand you over, Israel?

My heart is changed within me; all my compassion is aroused."


From where is this passage?
not from the mouth of Christ,

but from before
him who was
before.

How then, can any call my God

cruel?

because we suffer the actions of fellow humus?
because pain plays part 
in our existence?

you run the risk 
of ruin

 when you create,


run the risk 
of pain

when you live,



run the risk
of loss

when you love,


in this world.




Take Heart.

 He has over come the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment