[Goshen College English 210] {Spring 2011}

Friday, October 7, 2011

oh, bother

why bother?
why bother?
why bother me?

Fine, fine,
finite i was
till your existence-- as flesh-- as human
came up
in electronic discourse.

why would you think i'd want to know?
why should you tell
you took your token
taken off
then, Hell!

break loose already!
slipping back into your collar,
claiming my silver initials
as your address.

why would you think i'd want to know?
to know
that you took off
then took
back on.

but of course i want to know!
to know your thoughts.

of course i want to know!

but why,

why did you tell me?
so that i would know?

i don't want to know.

so why did you tell?
why tell me?

oh, bother, bother,
little bear.

think, think, think.

forget, forget, regret.
you bother, bother me

so that i could see,
                          see
                          see.

                                                                                     please leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment