[Goshen College English 210] {Spring 2011}

Saturday, October 1, 2011

heresy

I think you'd like
the expansion of my mind,
the opening of my heart.

while I venture wisps & whispers of God,
I remain true to my base,
or
so I believe.

I think my mother
would rather I not venture
too far out
lest I be stolen by currents too strong.

but I believe,
or so I think
That I am firmly holding on
In Hope,
In Faith,
In Love to my Creator,
whatever that means,
for my Creator knows me,
as he knows you,
and will not forsake you.

So I ask,
"what is Hersey?"
so I say, "let us venture here awhile
and decide for ourselves
how dangerous thought really is."

but of course there is danger in thinking,
of course there is danger in feeling
of course there is  danger in choosing
in living, in trusting, in letting go of things you've known
to re-evaluate
and equate it to those things
distant.

or are you too afraid that your god will not keep you?
Take heart-- he is always there.
Give heart-- for that's his only want.

humans donned in the image of God,
"I just wanted you to Love me!"

                       just wanted                       to love me.
                                                     you
                                                          

is it such heresy
where faith, and hope,
and love
spur searching?

may we search ourselves and
obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment