[Goshen College English 210] {Spring 2011}

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Jealous

the son of man
has no place to rest his head.

niether does

the commuter.
the one outside
of community.

seat, to seat,
I can not sit.

computer, to device.
I cannot compute.

Land!
Glance.

Athletes in wigs--a house of friends.
bonded by silliness
by communal
action.

Flood.

in seat, I sit.
before device,
I compute.

JEALOUS I AM 
of what I put aside.

the son of man
has no place to rest his head.

you rest your head
on shoulder of men

who laugh.
who love.
             with others.
who adore
your pursuit
of humanities.
                    of humanizing.

I rest my head.
end of day.

smile. kiss. bliss.

destroyed.
by dehumanizing,
criticizing,
pessimission.

I try to ignore.
                     Choose love.

JEALOUS I AM
of what i fear i have not chosen.


wasted time
now I fear,

but oh, no matter the year,
the hour,
the moment.

Is it wasted
if it yields, revelation?

 some say yes.
                    others?
                    revel in revelation.





No comments:

Post a Comment