[Goshen College English 210] {Spring 2011}

Friday, October 26, 2012

a prayer

what will I do with life.

Stuck between want of meaning,
of doing good,

and finding meaning,
finding good

in all things.

but it is not in all things.

what do i want
to do

what will i do

with the rest
of life.

                                       I am sick of shallow people

                                       I am sick
 sick of the shallow
of myself.

Problem:
              i find most joy
              in what may be considered
                                                       the shallow
                                                        the hallow--
or do i?


color.
form.
order.
composition.

typography.
I want to make things
look good
for those who do good.
I want my designs
to be informed
by informing
myself
with what is done--

I want goodness
I want truth
I want these to create
Beauty.

how do i use
     a passion
for a good?

or, sometimes it seems,
more importantly,
how do you
get paid for good?

Idealist.



what is worth while?

goals-- dreams.
Aaron has those, not me.

what do I want to do?
I know what i want to be doing,
not what I want to do.





I want to ask questions












and never stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment